Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Priceless Gift by Caye Siller





I am visiting from Florida with the Greater Reach team and I was inspired to write this:

I remember, as a child, receiving a gift from a neighbor. Her name was Mrs. Clapper (funny name, I know! :)). One day she showed me a gold necklace that was in her jewelry box. I was so enamored with it; it was so shiny! Even though I didn't know how valuable it was, and it was very valuable, she gave it to me, and I took it home. My Mom told me, "It's too expensive a gift, you need to give it back." As a child, I didn't understand. I thought, "it's my gift, why should I give it back?" The years have passed, but there is still a part of me as a grown woman, that stuggles to know that I am valuable enough to be given a priceless gift. It's not because of Mrs. Clapper's necklace but because of a world that seems to scream, "you're not good enough!" The good news is that I, you, we all are children of God, and our worth is much greater than a gold necklace-we are priceless to God! "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" 1 John 3:1

This is what Greater Reach wants you to know: you are a gift from God and have gifts and talents that He wants to see you invest in Kingdom work! Blessings, Kristin

No comments: